Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Give me a [break]

So, there's "editorial content" and then there's "crossing the line". I was recently reading an article outlining a guest letter to [the] Walt Disney World [Resort] and I couldn't help but notice the ridiculous extreme to which the editors went to get the correct nomenclature out there. This is one of the main reasons I get turned off to the internal company paper. In fact, I was only reading this to see an artist rendering of the new full service restaurant in Asia at [Disney's] Animal Kingdom (TM), since I had no idea Disney was even building one until I saw the construction site this morning. I guess product ignorance is the price I pay by avoiding the corporate propaganda.

A positive guest letter turns into yet another chance to indoctrinate the minimum wage masses. Honestly, I thought edits like these were supposed to be used when the intent of the author may not be clear. As in..."Ohhhhh, you mean [the] [Resort]!? I thought you meant the OTHER Walt Disney World."

How long before we see Disney changing all the internal signage and database abbreviations from WDW to [t]WDW[R]?

No comments: